How is denture cleaning done?
The following steps can be followed when cleaning dentures;
Special dental floss should be preferred for cleaning fixed dentures. This dental floss is very helpful in cleaning fixed dentures and food wastes between teeth are cleaned at the same time.
- The most effective way of cleaning removable dentures is to wait for the prosthesis in chemical liquids.
- After each meal, removable dentures should be removed and cleaned with water.
- After meals and before going to bed, daily care should be done like the daily care of the prosthesis teeth.
- Teeth should be brushed, floss and mouthwash with mouthwash.
- In the brushing process, normal and prosthetic toothbrushes and pastes produced for prosthetic teeth can be preferred.
What is the Importance of Dental Prosthesis Care?
The care of dentures is important both in terms of tooth appearance and oral health. Daily care is very important in order not to damage the external appearance of the prosthesis teeth, that is, to prevent the teeth from turning yellow and to avoid bad odor in the mouth and to prevent bacterial-infection in the mouth. It is necessary to take care not to scratch the dentures while performing daily care of dentures. Scratches that will occur on the prosthesis may cause negative effects in terms of oral and dental health. In addition, gingival recession problems occur when daily and regular prosthetic teeth are not cleaned.
Why should you clean your dentures daily?
Cleaning of prosthetic teeth is as important as daily cleaning of healthy teeth. In both cases, daily and routine care is very important in terms of oral and dental health. Therefore, it is necessary to regularly visit the dentist. Daily cleaning should be done regularly to avoid the formation of plaque, food residue, and tartar, which causes the following problems. The reasons for daily cleaning of dentures can be listed as follows;
- In order to avoid aesthetic appearance and aesthetic problems,
- In order to avoid bad odor in the mouth,
- In order to avoid irritation of the tissue under the prosthesis,
Regular dental cleaning is necessary to prevent infection in the mouth.