What Exactly Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is often referred to as the procedure of adhering to your teeth. Consider the following scenario: you have a chipped or damaged tooth. In this situation, your dentist will select a material (often porcelain or resin) and apply it to the damaged teeth.
The substance will attach to your teeth and appear natural. Your smile will also look better after the dental bonding procedure. Tooth bonding, for example, is sometimes used to bridge gaps between your teeth as well.
Teeth Bonding Varieties
Dentists in Turkey often utilize one of two forms of dental bonding. Direct composite bonding and adhesive bonding
However, the steps involved in tooth bonding differ between adhesive and direct composite bonding. Your dentist will consult with you to choose which form of bonding is best for you.
Bonding Teeth Using Adhesive
Thread bonding processes for adhesive bonding may take significantly longer than thread bonding procedures for composite bonding. It is the procedure of attaching the substance to your tooth or teeth.
Adhesive bonding, for example, includes a stage in which the dentist applies an abrasive substance to your tooth. Following this, the dentist applies a bonding agent and an adhesive to the tooth to prepare it for the restorative material.
After applying the restorative material, the dentist will use a curing light to cement the glue and bonding substance. The technique of adhering to restorative materials as dental inlays, porcelain veneers, fillings, and more is referred to as adhesive bonding.
Direct Composite Bonding
Direct composite bonding, as the name implies, is a simpler method of attaching restorative materials to your teeth.
First and foremost, the dentist applies the composite resin material directly to your teeth and molds it to match your natural tooth flawlessly.
To finish the procedure, the composite material must be cured with a curing light.
Direct composite bonding is frequently used to fill cavities, repair damaged teeth, and seal minor gaps in the teeth.
Indicators of Composite Bonding
The following are the primary goals of a composite bonding operation at our DentaMedi clinic in Turkey:
- Removal of ugly gaps between teeth
- Delivering the proper form and length to the teeth
- repairing broken and chipped teeth
- Changing the color of your teeth is not possible with whitening;
- Dental repair of caries-damaged teeth (composite is used to fill caries cavities);
- Protection of exposed tooth roots owing to gum recession;
- Reduced tooth sensitivity
Dental Bonding Stages
- Choosing a composite material in the hue that best matches the natural color of the patient’s tooth enamel;
- Using a specialized dental tool, trim the edges and give the surface of the enamel layer a tiny roughness;
- etching the surface layer of the enamel with an acid-containing gel, which contributes to the appearance of microscopic bumps on the enamel, allowing the composite to adhere perfectly to the surface of the teeth;
- Treating the tooth with a special conditioning compound, which moisturizes the enamel layer and ensures its reliable adhesion to the composite;
- layering composite material on the teeth; contour alignment, providing the crown section the required form
- UV light irradiation of teeth; removal of superfluous composite and grinding of the enamel surface
Composite Bonding Hygiene & Aftercare
Teeth that have been repaired using composite bonding do not require any particular maintenance. At the same time, those who have had this treatment are advised to follow a variety of guidelines, including:
- Give good oral hygiene care (brush your teeth twice a day and floss every day);
- Visit your dentist on a regular basis to examine the integrity of the composite coating (at least three times a year);
- Professional cleaning in dentistry once every six months;
- Protect newly repaired teeth from temperature variations (do not consume cold foods just after eating hot ones, and vice versa);
- eliminate bad behaviors (do not open bottle caps on the mouth, do not crack seeds, nuts, do not bite pencils, hard candies, pens and nails).
- The presence of cracks, chips, or other damage to the composite layer is an excellent cause to contact a dental clinic and have special bonding pads adjusted. Experienced dentists can readily fix a composite covering without removing it.
What are the benefits of Dental Bonding in Turkey?
Many individuals choose the dental bonding technique since it is substantially less expensive than other dental cosmetic procedures such as crowns and veneers.
Composite bonding is a far less intrusive procedure that causes little to no harm to your natural teeth. If you are afraid to undergo a more intrusive procedure, composite bonding may be a better option for you.
You won’t feel any pain or discomfort because this surgery doesn’t even require anesthetic unless a cavity needs to be filled.
Difference between composite bonding and composite veneers.
Despite the fact that they both utilize the same material, composite bonding is only placed on a portion of your teeth, whereas composite veneers cover the full surface of your teeth.
Furthermore, composite veneers need more rigorous preparation and treatment. These two procedures are also priced differently, with dental composite being on the cheaper end of the
Which one should I choose?
The choice between composite bonding and composite veneers should be determined based on your treatment goals. Composite bonding may be a better alternative if you want a non-invasive, less expensive procedure and have minor cosmetic issues.
However, if you want a more permanent solution and don’t mind paying a little extra money, you can choose composite veneer.
Dentamedi Takes Good Care of Your Teeth in Turkey. 🏥
Taking care of your teeth is a duty and a burden that you should not carry alone. DentaMedi will always be there for you, providing affordable and professional dental services.